Chapter 23: Nothern California Coast

My mother is sick. After not getting up in the hospital for a few weeks, she recovered again. I was relieved, but she can't sit for long. It's a relief to see her respond to what I'm saying, but if I let her sit down, she must be tired and fall asleep quickly. When she was unconscious for the first time, I thought she could live in heaven with my father at any moment, but she has been in bed for five months. On the contrary, there are times when my mother looks comfortable sleeping well. I often tell my mother that she has already lasted five months and that her mental strength is great. I think I need to learn from her, and sometimes it's a big strength to me. Handed over social workers and RP to families, drove up aimlessly. 

I decided to go on a 200-mile coastal road north of San Francisco that I had never driven in western North America before. I visited Stanford University first, where I went to meet a friend studying abroad in the 1990s. At that time, I only stayed in my friend's dormitory and didn't remember much, and I wanted to visit Stanford after finishing 3 certificates online during the last Pandemic period. I studied IoT, medical education, and GPT3 courses. At the end of the IoT course, the school contacted me to do a battery course, and I studied IoT and designed a melody clock, a moving drone, and a wheelchair design that can move in the room for my mother. The biggest problem was battery performance. The reason that the school offer the course may be the same reason. Tourists and people from the surrounding area came and were busy taking pictures. As the sun sets in one side, and a rainbow rises on the other side, and everyone looks happy. A white old gentleman says cheerfully to a man who appears to be his wife, "Did you see the rainbow over here and the sunset over there?" 

San Francisco is really windy. Everyone wears a thick coat and comes out to watch, and it seems to fly away in the wind. Clouds in the sky are fast enough to detect movement easily. It crossed the Golden Gate Bridge and began to drive the Pacific Coast Highway. After getting off a few times, Sausalito just passed and instead took a break from Muir Wood and went up. It was very different from the Southern California coast, but rather similar to the bizarre Oregon Coast. As you go to Marin County and Mendocino County, there are remote and steep cliffs. When I passed Casper and Little River, I drove with a slight fog on the road, but I became cautious. I knew why it was good to drive around this area in spring. Finally arrived at Glass Beach in Fort Bragg. Photos posted on social media are full of sapphires, emeralds, and ruby-colored stones, which were not easy to find. It was late in the afternoon, but there were many people, and I think I came to Oregon rather than California.

I headed to Redding to go to the Lassen Volcanic National Park, and I forgot, Redding is the starting point for the drive when I went to the Oregon Coast. From Reading, it passed the northern coast of California to the Oregon border.  After visiting Larssen County, I visited Half Moon Bay and Pigeon Point Lighthouse. It was the only west coast I've never driven. Finally wrapped up a road trip everywhere on the west coast from Baja California to British Columbia. It is regrettable that I did not directly cross the border between Washington and Oregon, starting from Seattle by plane, and that I could not hike in Port San Luis Lighthouse at Diablo Power Plant, but I am grateful for the time I was able to safely continue my movement in the West through road trips.