Epilog: Begining to End

Everything has a beginning and an end. The fact that I was able to study until late at night during my school days could also be an opportunity for me to endure the hard time by believing that "the test will be over." Of course, I may have to live with the fact that I have to start over if the result is beyond my expectations, but the end also means freedom and another beginning. When I finish my work personally, I often choose to relax and sleep. It may be because achievement was the purpose rather than enjoying the work or the plan itself, but it seems that the affordable energy was just in line with the plan. I agree that physical strength should always be a hindrance, but it seems that the effort needed for it is a little lacking. Sometimes, when comparing with athletics, there are times when I envy people who don't have a problem with their physical strength because they exercise constantly rather than those who just growing fast in short time

These days, I feel grateful when I think of my parents. Looking back on what used to be taken for granted in the past, I can see how much parents care about their children. Of course, I may not be able to fully understand my parents' feelings because I have no children, but sometimes my eyes turn red when I think of my parents. A friend who was thinking of immigration was talking and asked, "How did you come up with immigration?" and I answered, "I followed my parents because they immigrated," and he said, "Your parents are amazing," but he seemed not ready for immigration and having some hard time for preparation. Anyway, when I was preparing for the college entrance exam, I showed my father the application and said that I will apply for Seoul National University with Engineering major, and at that time when he said, "Let's go to America," I was sad that all my efforts were wasted. But now I thank my parents.

I wasted a lot of time for the first time because I immigrated without preparation, but the trip I took on my mother's birthday after receiving a college entrance letter is now the beginning of my first immigration life. I will know their mental hardship when I listen to my mother after what my parents suffered during that period. More than 20 years have passed since then. It wasn't what I planned to do at first, but it was the occasion to run along three nation's coastal roads from Baja California to Southern California, Northern California, Oregon, Washington and British Columbia. As there is a beginning and an end, I would like to end by writing the story in "Crossroads: Coastline." My mother is still sick, so honestly, I don't know how to continue my future plans, but whenever I see her, I whispered to my mother's ear, "Be healthy." There will definitely be another good day." I pray for my mother to recover her health. And I'm going to write another story. The travelogue titled "Beyond the Pasture" tells stories of forests, streams, and canyons, and the travelogue titled "City Skyline" tries to write down stories that have been visited and add future stories. Thank you to those who read the travelogue, and I also ask the readers to have an interest in future stories.