Chapter 20: Solvang

My father went to heaven. He was healthy, but he closed his eyes a month after being hospitalized. He is 82 years old, and it is said that man can live in the age of 100, and I wanted him to be a little healthier, but the will of heaven seems to have been different. I'm worried about my mother who became alone. She was not a man with a strong body, and he was sick for a while after father died, so she went to the hospital and rehabilitated. My mother felt lonely on my father's birthday for the first time after my father's death, so I took her to my father's grave. The sky was a cloudy sky that sprayed one or two drops of rain, but when we arrived at Rosehill, the sun began to rise. The grave located in a little sloped, so I almost got in trouble when I drove up my mother without knowing the wheelchair. Fortunately, I moved carefully, and there was no problem staying for a while. While eating at a Korean restaurant, my mother seems to have no appetite, so she ate a few spoons and said she ate it all. 

My younger brother contacted me, so we decided to go on a trip with my mother, and we were preparing, but at first, we were going to go to San Diego, but finally, we decided to go to Solvang. It takes a lot of preparation for my mother to sleep at the hotel. The ADA comparable room should be wheelchair-accessible, the height of the bed should be movably low, and the shower facility should not have a bathtub. I prepared everything I needed, put fruit and water in the icebox and filled it with ice. And I went to Cosco and bought some food when I went up. I met my younger brother early in the morning that day and headed to Solvang. We ate a hamburger in Santa Barbara on my way up. Maybe it's because my mother went on a long trip after a long time, but she must be hungry. She ate hamburgers and fries deliciously. It looked good.

We drank coffee in downtown Santa Barbara for a while and headed to our destination Solvang. It's been a while since we came. We got off at the lake that we stopped by when I came with my father. I got off at the information booth for a while, so the clerk gave a parking pass. When I came to the lake, I remembered my father and mother taking pictures with affection. Coming into Solvang and coming to a Danish-style village after a long time, I felt refreshed. My younger brother checked in at the hotel, and it took a while as if there was no ADA compatible room. Originally, my younger brother was going to rent a house with Airbnb, but the price went up a lot due to the delayed reservation due to the ADA comparable problem. Fortunately, there was an ADA compatible room, but the entrance was not comfortable for a wheelchair. Fortunately, we came into the room, unpacked, and washed. We couldn't go out because my mother was tired, and I bought ingredients from a nearby market and made it at the hotel. I spent time with fruits and ice cream that I bought for dessert. 

The next day, I took my mother to see the village. It's been a long time since my mother came, so she doesn't seem to have any memories of the past visit. If my father came with me, I think he would have said, "Oh, yeah, I remember here." After brunch and a cup of coffee, it's already time to check out. On our return, we had lunch in downtown Santa Barbara. After having gelato ice cream, my mother seems to have changed her mood a lot. On the way back, we got off at the Shopping Center and took a rest and had dinner with Korean food in Koreatown. I'm glad my mother is healthy enough to travel.