Chapter 19: Seaport Village

Leaving behind the unfortunate challenge, I read related magazines in the library after obtaining software, IT, and management certificates, and these days, career man return to society as interns or volunteers rather than remuneration. While looking for related information, I had the opportunity to volunteer at several places. First, it was to volunteer for the election in Newport Beach. I attended because I had to complete the education, and it was an exercise to form a group and set up a voting system. As practiced, I went to the polling place early in the morning of the day to install the system, and most of them were to check the electoral list and guide the voter in the booth. The polling place was a senior center and apartment, and the facility is very good and clean, and the rental fee is quite expensive because pensioners live. The senior center provided volunteers with food from the restaurant in the apartment, and it was delicious, and the food came out pretty well. It is said to be a meal provided every day to residents living in apartments. After the vote, I was cleaning up, and some officials compliment me and ask me to join in the November general election, which seems to be enough once.

I applied for the Global Leadership Summit hosted by my organization in San Diego because I was looking for volunteers, but I got a call. It is a big event involving a thousand people, and it is to guide the event at the Hyatt Hotel, where the event will be held for three days. I had to get ready before the start, so I left before the sun rose. The person in charge is said to be a manager at the San Diego Naval Base and an organization in charge of the San Diego Chapter. He has the same license as me. While volunteering, there were meetings with various people, and some people came to talk, but it was unlikely that a lasting relationship would be created just once for volunteering at the event. At least there should be a business relationship or a business relationship to make it more connected. The hotel is right in front of Seaport Village, which I often visit in San Diego. After the service, I headed to Seaport Village by a passage from the hotel. I feel at ease here any time. I ate in a place where I could see the open sea, cool wind, and the scenery of San Diego, and took a walk along the beach road while eating ice cream. There was a bit of mixture feelings after all the volunteer work, but there seems to be nothing like a walk to forget about the past.

I had another opportunity to volunteer in San Diego, but I canceled it due to my schedule, and I was contacted to volunteer at the art museum in Laguna. A sculptor's sculpture was put up in Laguna Beach and displayed, and it was to persevere with people. The person in charge told me to come early, but I was the first one to come. When everyone gathered, she gave instructions and we went to the beach where the statue was. It was to deliver brochures to those who were interested in sculpture and to inform those who were interested that there was a meeting with the sculptor in the evening at the art museum. The degree of interest is roughly judged by looking at the statue and asking questions. It was a short guide, but it seems to have been a good help because I wanted to work in an art museum. For your information, volunteers can enter the Laguna Museum for free. After volunteering, I greeted the person in charge, delivered related materials at the next volunteer, and ate brunch at Laguna Beach. Maybe it's because I finished my work well and ate it, but the Breakfast Burrito here seems to melt in my mouth.

Later, the Laguna Museum of Art frequently contacted me for volunteer work. And I had the opportunity to volunteer for a few months at another museum, but for a number of reasons, I didn't do any more. However, a short volunteer work at the museum is likely to help me visit the museum later. There was no contact for the airport volunteer position that I wanted to impersonate one more thing. It is an unpaid volunteer work, but it is said to be especially popular with retirees. It's a job to go to work at the airport and guide the visitors in the airport and help travelers, and it sounds fun. However, there is an image of an airport, and since it is a multi-ethnic society, volunteers are likely to be needed according to the proportion of tourists, but mainly white retirees are the same as the state of service at airports where there are many white people. Sometimes at the airport, I see people who approach only special races first and show kindness, and when people of color approach, the service changes. Anyway, I didn't have a chance to volunteer at the airport, but I feel new about traveling and meeting through volunteer work, probably because it was less burdensome because it was unpaid.