Chapter 13: Crescent City

Sleepiness poured out on the road from Redding to the coast. There was still a considerable amount of time to sea, and there was nothing to get off the freeway. However, it was not easy to park the car in the intense sun and get some nap. I turned on the music loudly to wake up. With a constant rush of sleep, I turned the music into a playlist with intense beats this time. A song caught my ear and woke me up as I repeatedly played it. I'm relieved, and I think I'm a little alive. On the next trip, I thought I should get enough sleep and adjust the quality so that the route is not boring. Looking at the time and distance, I noticed that it came quite a lot. The sea is likely to come out a little further. As soon as I entered the coastal road, it was raining in the sky. 

As I entered Hwy 1 overlooking the Pacific Ocean, I could see the sea at a glance on the right side of the road. Gray clouds that seemed to rain at any moment, strong winds hitting the car from the ocean, and young people who liked to get rained on with their friends on the beach in the midst of it were considered strange. The moment I was caught on camera was a black and white scene that I saw on black and white TV when I was young. It was both classical and tasteful. The wind blew so hard that if I didn't hold my hat, it would fly away, and the camera stand that was set up could roll around. The umbrella I brought with me was completely bent back and blocked. It seemed too much to go further, so I returned to the car and enjoyed the beach in the rain. I don't drink coffee very much, but I thought of the warm coffee scent at this moment.

It entered Crescent City, the northernmost part of California. It's just a few miles to the Oregon border. Due to the constant scattered rain, the window wipers turned non-stop, and all the pictures on the camera were black and white. I turned on the heater to remove the dampness from the windshield. It's good to be warm, but it was slow to remove moisture. I had no choice but to open the window a little bit and switch to air conditioning mode. The moisture was quickly removed. I felt cold because it was chilly, so I felt like I had to take a break. It was not easy to see the coast in the black-and-white picture of rain scattered out of the window. As the rain and wind died down, we headed toward the border. Although it is not too far away in time, the view of the better coast beyond the Oregon border was a view of the blue freshness in the rain.